A modifier is a word or phrase that changes the product in some way. A modifier can add an ingredient to the product such as add fries, be a substitution or upgrade such as alfredo sauce instead of marinara sauce that normally comes with the spaghetti, or an adjustment to the product such as no onions. Modifiers can be any note or item that you want to associate with the product. Modifiers can have a price associated with them such as $1.50 extra for add fries.
1. To create a modifier, select Add Modifier in the Modifier section on the Product tab and in the Register Management Activity. Select Edit Modifier to edit an existing modifier. The process of adding and editing modifiers is the same.
2. Elements of a modifier:
- Modifier Name
- Modifier Type - Select Single or Multi. Multi allows for multiple selections.
- Add - Select Add, type the modifier value, which is the name that will appear on the register when the modifier window appears, and price adjustment if the modifier should add to the product price. Repeat this process for each modifier value.
3. The next step is to add the modifier to a product.
- Select the Products section.
- Search for the product.
- Click next to the product to highlight the product row.
- Select Assign Modifiers.
4. Select Add Modifier to Product. If the modifier hasn't been created, you can create the modifier at this step.
5. Select the modifier from a list. More than one modifier can be added to each product. Select Add Modifier to Product to add another modifier. Click the x on the top right corner of this box after the desired modifiers have been added.
The modifiers have been created. The next few screenshots will show how to use modifiers. Products with modifiers will have an icon in the top right corner.
1. Click the Product button.
2. Click the desired modifiers. Note that Add Spaghetti Topping is a multi select modifier because more than one option can be selected. Click Add.
3. The product will display in the shopping cart with the modifiers with associated price additions below it.